Monday 5 October 2020

CHAPTER 2. PAST TIME (4) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 2. PAST TIME


THE PRINCIPAL PARTS OF A VERB


 

IRREGULAR VERBS: A REFERENCE LIST


EXERCISE 10. Simple past: Irregular verbs.

Directions: Complete each sentence with the simple past of any irregular verb that makes sense. There may be more than one possible completion.

1

Maria walked to school today. Rebecca ____ drove _____ her car. Olga _______ her bicycle. Yoko _______ the bus.

2

Last night I had a good night's sleep. I _______ nine hours.

3

Ann _______ a beautiful dress to the wedding reception.

4

It got so cold last night that the water in the pond _______.

5

Frank was really thirsty. He _______ four glasses of water.

6

Karen had to choose between a blue raincoat and a tan one. She finally_______  the blue one.

7

My husband gave me a painting for my birthday. I _______ it on a wall in my office.

8

Last night around midnight, when I was sound asleep, the telephone_______. It _______ me up.

9

The sun _______ at 6:04 this morning and will set at 6:59.

10

I _______ an e-mail to my cousin after I finished studying yesterday evening.

11

Ms. Manning _______ chemistry at the local high school last year.

12

The police _______ the bank robbers. They are in jail now.

13

Oh my gosh1 Call the police! Someone _______ my car!

14

Today Victor has on slacks and a sports jacket, but yesterday he _______ jeans and a sweatshirt to work.

15

My friend told me that he had a singing dog. When the dog _______,I  _______ my hands over my ears.

16

When I introduced Pedro to Ming, they _______ hands and greeted each other.

17

I _______ the kitchen floor with a broom.

18

A bird _______ into our apartment through an open window.

19

I caught the bird and _______ it gently in my hands until I could put it back outside.

20

The children had a good time at the park yesterday. They _______ the ducks small pieces of bread.

21

My dog _______ a hole in the yard and buried his bone.

22

Ahmed . _______ his apartment in a hurry this morning because he was late for school. That's why he _______ to bring his books to class.

ANSWER KEY


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments