Tuesday 6 October 2020

CHAPTER 2. PAST TIME (8) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 2. PAST TIME

EXERCISE 18. Present progressive and past progressive. (Charts 1-1,2-8,and 2-9)

Directions: Underline the present progressive and past progressive verbs in the following pairs of sentences. Discuss their use. What are the similarities between the two tenses?

1

A: Where are Ann and Rob? I haven't seen them for a couple of weeks.

B: They're out of town. They're traveling.

2

A: I invited Ann and Rob to my birthday party, but they didn't come.

B: Why not?

A: They were out of town. They were traveling.

3

A: What was I talking about when the phone interrupted me? I lost my train of thought.

B: You were describing the website you found on the Internet yesterday.

4

A: I missed the beginning of the news report. What's the announcer talking about?

B: She's describing conditions in Bangladesh after the flood.

5

A: Good morning, Kim.

B: Hello,Tom. Good to see you.

A: Good to see you, too. On your way to work?

B: Yup. I'm walking to work today to take advantage of the beautiful spring morning.

A: It certainly is a beautiful spring morning.

6

A: Guess who I saw this morning.

B: Who?

A: Jim.

B: Oh? How is he?

A: He looks fine.

B: Where did you see him?

A: On the sidewalk near the corner of 5th and Pine. He was walking to work.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments