Wednesday 7 October 2020

CHAPTER 3. FUTURE TIME (14) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 3. FUTURE TIME

 

PARALLEL VERBS


EXERCISE 30. Parallel verbs.

Directions; Complete the sentences with the correct forms of the words in parentheses.

 

1

When I (walk) ______ walked _____ into the living room yesterday, Grandpa (read) ___________ a newspaper and (smoke) ___________ his pipe.

2

Helen will graduate soon. She (move) ___________ to New York and (look) ___________ for a job after she (graduate) ___________.

3

Every day my neighbor (call) ___________ me on the phone and (complain) ___________ about the weather.

4

Look at Erin! She (cry) ___________ and (laugh) ___________ at the same time. I wonder if she is happy or sad?

5

I'm beat! I can't wait to get home. After I (get) ___________ home, I (take) ___________ a hot shower and (go) ___________ to bed.

6

Yesterday my dog (dig) ___________ a hole in the back yard and (bury) ___________ a bone.

7

I'm tired of this cold weather. As soon as spring (come) ___________, 1 (play) ___________ tennis and (jog) ___________ in the park as often as possible.

8

While Paul (carry) ___________ brushes and paint and (climb) ___________ a ladder, a bird (fly) ___________ down and (sit) ___________ on his head. Paul (drop) ___________ and (spill) ___________ it all over the ground.

9

When I first (arrive) ___________ in this city and (start) ___________ going to school here, I knew no one. I was lonely and felt that I didn't have a friend in the world.

One day while I (watch) ___________ TV alone in my room and (feel) ___________  sorry for myself, a woman I had met in one of my classes (knock) ___________ on my door and (ask) ___________ me if I wanted to accompany her to the student center. That was the beginning of my friendship with Lisa King.

Now we (see) ___________ each other every day and usually (spend) ___________ time talking on the phone, too. Later this week we (borrow) ___________ her brother's car and (go) ___________ to visit her aunt in the country. Next week we (take) a bus to Fall City and (go) ___________ to a football game. I'm really enjoying our friendship.

 

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments