Wednesday 7 October 2020

CHAPTER 3. FUTURE TIME (15) FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

 

FUNDAMENTAL OF ENGLISH GRAMMAR

CHAPTER 3. FUTURE TIME

 

EXERCISE 31. Review: verb forms.

Directions: Complete the sentences with the correct forms of the words in parentheses.

1

I usually (ride) _____  ride  ______ my bicycle to work in the morning, but it (rain) _________ when I left my house early this morning, so I (take) _________ the bus. After I (arrive) _________ at work, I (discover) _________ that I had left my briefcase at home.

2

A: Are you going to take the kids to the amusement park tomorrow morning?

B: Yes. It (open) _________ at 10:00. If we (leave) _________ here at 9:30, we'll get there at 9:55. The kids can be the first ones in the park.

3

A: Ouch!

B: What happened?

A: I (cut) _________ my finger.

B: It (bleed) _________!

A: I know!

B: Put pressure on it. I (get) _________ some antibiotic and a bandage.

A: Thanks.

4

A: I (go) _________ to a lecture on Shakespeare tomorrow evening. Want to join me?

B: Nah. Brian and I (go) _________ to a movie-Godz11la Eats the Earth.

5

A: Your phone (ring) _________.

B: I (know) _________.

A: (you, answer) _________ it?

B: No.

A: (you, want) _________ me to get it?

B: No thanks.

A: Why (you, want, not) _________ to answer your phone?

B: I (expect) _________ another call from the bill collector. I have a bunch of bills I haven't paid. I (want, not) _________ to talk to her.

A: Oh.

6

A: What (you, wear) _________ to Eric's wedding tomorrow?

B: My blue dress, I guess. How about you? ,

A: I (plan) _________ to wear my new outfit. I (buy) _________ it just a few days ago. It (be) a yellow suit With a white blouse. Just a minute. I (show) _________ it to you. Wait right here. I (get) _________ it from my closet and (bring) _________ it out.

7

A: Look! There (be) _________ a police car behind us. Its lights (flash) _________.

B: I (know) ________ ! I (know) _________! I (see) _________ it.

A: What (go) _________ on? (you, speed) _________?

B: No, I'm not. I (drive) _________ the speed limit.

A: Ah, look. The police car (pass) _________ us.

B: Whew!

8

A: (the sun, keep) _________ burning forever, or (it, burn, eventually) _________ itself out?

B: It (burn, eventually) _________ itself out, but that (happen, not) _________ for billions of years.

9

Sometime in the next twenty-five years, a spaceship with a human crew (land) _________ on Mars. I (think) _________ they (find) _________ evidence of some kind of life forms there, but I (expect, not) _________ them to encounter sentient beings. Someday, however, I (believe) _________ that humans (make) _________ contact with other intelligent beings in the universe.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments