Friday 1 December 2023

PHRASAL VERBS (PART 1) PART 2: UPPER-INTERMEDIATE LEVEL ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES WITH ANSWERS ITEMS FOR B1&B2

 

ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES WITH ANSWERS

ITEMS FOR B1&B2

PART 2: UPPER-INTERMEDIATE LEVEL

PHRASAL VERBS (PART 1)

 

811

Could you … the car? There’s a large puddle near my door.

a) back out

b) back down

c) back up

812

The bus … so I had to go on foot.

a) broke in

b) broke down

c) broke up

813

She … to her kids and parents.

a) gave the day back

b) gave the day up

c) gave the day through

d) gave the day over

814

Oh, don’t pay attention to him, … your conversation, please.

a) carry up

b) carry on

c) calm down

815

We had a quarrel last night but we could … in the morning.

a) make on

b) make up

c) make out

816

I’m ill and feel very weak. I have to … .

a) call the meeting back

b) call the meeting around

c) call the meeting off

d) call the meeting down

817

I’ve … three T-shirts. Which one suits me better?

a) picked out

b) put out

c) taken out

818

I’m not a person who can … teenagers.

a) put down

b) put on

c) put up with

819

I hate job interviews because it always seems like they … me.

a) look at

b) look into

c) look down on

820

Our project … very fine.

a) turns up

b) works out

c) uses up

821

She always … when she wears a new dress.

a) shows off

b) looks out for

c) turns on

822

… icicles on the roof.

a) Think over

b) Stand for

c) Watch out for

823

… and tell me what’s happened?

a) Quiet down

b) Turn down

c) Run down

824

…, if you visit Madrid! I’m always glad to see you.

a) Back up

b) Drop in

c) Call for

825

She … Matt’s name … when she made a wedding guest list.

a) did/without

b) left/out

c) broke/out

d) took/off

ANSWER KEY

 

811

C

812

B

813

D

814

B

815

B

816

C

817

A

818

C

819

C

820

B

821

A

822

C

823

A

824

B

825

B

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments