Monday 27 September 2021

UNIT 1 Section 1 (A) Use of English B2 for all exams

 

Use of English B2 for all exams

UNIT 2 Section 1 (A)

 

Prepositional Phrases

A Complete the blanks with the prepositions in, on or at.

________

a farm

________

the right/left

________

prison

________

a queue

________

work

________

the North

________

the back of

________

school

________

town

________

17 Walkley Road

________

the door

________

the suburbs

________

university

________

the outskirts

________

the mountains

________

rows/ a row

________

the country

________

an island

________

the crossroads

________

Park Avenue

 

B Read the sentences and complete them with the prepositions in, on or at.

1

My brother is working part-time___________ the hospital.

2

There is a TV set___________ the corner of the room.

3

James sits___________ the front of the class.

4

They went on a boat ride___________ the river.

5

Homeless people sleep___________ the streets of most major cities.

6

He had to stay___________ hospital for a week after his operation.

7

My girlfriend is waiting for me___________ the corner.

8

The robbers parked their car___________ front of the bank.

 

C Read the sentences and complete them with the prepositions in, on, at, by, for, from or out.

1

You can hand in your assignments___________ Tuesday ____________ the very latest.

2

A tattoo is___________ life. So, think carefully before deciding on having one done.

3

Kick-off is in twenty minutes, so___________ the meantime, do your warm-up exercises.

4

___________ the beginning, I didn’t want to have a party ____________ my birthday, but now I’ve changed my mind.

5

Typewriters are already___________ of date.

6

You should read the introduction ___________ the beginning of the book.

7

___________ now on, no one is allowed to enter the school building during the lunch break.

8

I haven’t seen Michael ___________ ages, so I’m going to visit him ________ the weekend.

9

It’s a pity I have to remain indoors___________ such a nice day.

10

I can’t talk to you___________ the moment. Ring me back ____________ a while.

11

It’s difficult to see the moon in the sky___________ day.

12

I’m really worried about Sam. He should have been here___________ now.

ANSWER KEY

A


B

1

at

2

in

3

at

4

on

5

in/on

6

in

7

at/on

8

in

C

1

on/ at

2

for

3

in

4

in/ on or for

5

out

6

at

7

from

8

for/ at

9

on

10

at/ in

11

by

12

by

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments