Wednesday 29 September 2021

UNIT 3 Section 2 (B) Use of English B2 for all exams

 

Use of English B2 for all exams

UNIT 3 Section 2 (B)

 

Derivatives

In this unit we will deal with more nouns, adjectives and adverbs deriving from nouns.


 

Complete the sentences with the correct form of the words in capitals.

1

Four people died in a _______________accident due to the _______________ road conditions. Local residents are _______________because_______________ accidents have occurred there and no measures have been taken yet.

 

FATE,ICE

ANGER, NUMBER

2

If you require _______________information, do not hesitate to contact me.

 

ADDITION

3

I woke up this morning feeling happy because it was a _______________,

_______________day. I realised that the miserable _______________days were over and that _______________summer was just around the corner.

 

DELIGHT

SUN, RAIN

LUCK

4

I get paid _______________which puts a lot of pressure on me _______________at the end of the month. I am _______________at controlling my money over a long period of time.

 

MONTH, FINANCE

HOPE

5

Phil crosses the main road on a _______________basis to get to school. He does, however, cross _______________by looking both ways.

 

DAY

CAUTION

6

_______________can be an enjoyable experience. Yet, more and more couples these days are deciding to remain _______________.

 

PARENT

CHILD

7

Eliza isn’t very ______________________________ lately. I hope she wasn't offended by my comment. I didn’t say it _______________________________ to hurt her

 

FRIEND

INTENTION

8

My friend David liked going on _____________________________ holidays until last summer when he was bitten by a _______________________________ snake and nearly died.

 

ADVENTURE

POISON

ANSWER KEY

1

fatal, icy

angry, numerous

2

additional

3

delightful

sunny, rainy

luckily

4

monthly, financially

hopeless

5

daily

cautiously

6

Parenthood

childless

7

friendly

intentionally

8

adventurous

pisonous

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments