Tuesday 28 September 2021

UNIT 20 The First Conditional TOPICAL GRAMMAR PRACTICE

 

TOPICAL GRAMMAR PRACTICE

UNIT 20

The First Conditional

 

EXERCISE A

Choose the correct verb form and write its number in the brackets.

 

1

If you __________ late, you __________ in trouble with your teacher.

(1)

will be / will be

(2)

are / are

(3)

are / will be

(4)

will be / are

2

I __________ swimming if the weather __________ fine.

(1)

go / is

(2)

will go / will be

(3)

go / will be

(4)

will go / is

3

You __________ hungry if you __________ more.

(1)

will be / don't eat

(2)

will be / will not eat

(3)

are / don't eat

(4)

are / will not eat

4

If you __________ me with my homework, I __________ you my new CD.

(1)

help /lend

(2)

will help /lend

(3)

help / will lend

(4)

will help /will lend

5

If Mark __________ another goal, they __________ the game.

(1)

scores / will win

(2)

scores / wins

(3)

will score / will win

(4)

will score / wins

6

If you __________ to bed early, you __________ tired tomorrow.

(1)

will go / won't be

(2)

will go / aren't

(3)

go / won't be

(4)

go  aren't

7

We __________ late if we __________ now.

(1)

won't be / will leave

(2)

won't be /leave

(3)

aren't / will leave

(4)

aren't /leave

8

Ann __________ shopping if it __________.

(1)

won't go / will rain

(2)

won't go / rains

(3)

don't go / rains

(4)

doesn't go / will rain

9

They __________ the test if they __________ harder.

(1)

will fail/ won't work

(2)

fail/ won't work

(3)

will fail/ don't work

(4)

ail/ don't work

10

What __________ you if __________ your grandparents?

(1)

will ... do / visit

(2)

will ….. do / will visit

(3)

does...do / visit

(4)

do...do / will visit

11

__________ you __________ a picnic if the weather nice?

(1)

Will. ..have / will be

(2)

Do...have / will be

(3)

Do...have / is

(4)

Will. ..have / is

12

If I __________ well in the test, __________ you __________ me a new skateboard?

(1)

do / will...buy

(2)

do / do...buy

(3)

will do / will ...buy

(4)

will do / do...buy

 

EXERCISE B

Fill in the gaps with the simple present or future form of the verb in brackets. The first two have been done for you.

Superstitions

Here are some English superstitions. Are they the same in your country? If you (1) _____ walk ____ (walk) under a ladder, you (2) ___ will have____  (have) bad luck, but if you (3) _____ (find) a four-leaved clover, you (4) _____ (be) lucky! Another superstition says that if someone (5) _____ (break) a mirror, then they (6) _____ (have) bad luck for seven years! To stay friendly with your family and friends, be careful how you put the knives on the table. They say that if you (7) _____ (cross) knives, you (8) _____ (argue) with a close friend. Another superstition is like a little poem. It goes:

If you (9) _____ (see) a pin and pick it up,

All that day you (10) _____ (have) good luck! My favourite is the one that says that if someone (11) _____ (meet) a black cat, then something good (12) _____ (happen). I like this one because I've got a black cat! Of course, I don't believe these superstitions, but I never walk under ladders!

 

EXERCISE C

Fill in the gaps with the simple present or future form of the verb in brackets.

A bank robbery

Robber:

Put your hands up. This is a bank robbery! If anyone (1) ______ (move), I (2) ______ (shoot). Now, give me the money. There (3) ______ (be) trouble if you (4) ______ (call) for help!

Bank clerk:

How would you like the money, sir?

Robber:

In old notes. And if you (5) ______ (mark) them, I (6) ______ (see)

Bank clerk:

And where shall I put the money, sir?

Robber:

In this bag.

Bank clerk:

It's a very old bag, sir. If I (7) ______ (put) the money in it, it (8) ______ (fall) out. Let me give you one of our nice bank cases, sir. Then if you (9) ______ (drop) the case, the money (10) ______ (not fall) out.

Robber:

Just hurry. If you (11) ______ (not hurry), I (12) ______ (get) very angry.

Bank clerk:

Certainly, sir.

Robber:

Now, give me the case. Stand back everybody, I'm leaving.

(One hour later)

Bank clerk:

Now, let's open the case. Oh, no! It's empty! The bank clerk must have changed cases. If I ever see that bank clerk, I'll ...

ANSWER KEY



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments