Sunday 11 August 2024

PART 3: INTERMEDIATE AND UPPER INTERMEDIATE PAST PERFECT (PART 3) ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES WITH ANSWERS ITEMS FOR B1&B2

ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES WITH ANSWERS

ITEMS FOR B1&B2

PART 3: INTERMEDIATE AND UPPER INTERMEDIATE

PAST PERFECT (PART 3)

 

1441

They … old photos all day when we met them.

a) had been collect

b) had been collected

c) had been collects

d) had been collecting

1442

I think I’ve got a cold. I … all morning.

a) had been sneeze

b) had been sneezes

c) had been sneezing

d) had been sneezed

1443

I think I’ve got a cold. I … all morning.

a) had been sneeze

b) had been sneezes

c) had been sneezing

d) had been sneezed

1444

I … in that country for two years when I first met her.

a) had been lives

b) had been lived

c) had been living

1445

I was tired because I … football for three hours.

a) had been playing

b) have been playing

c) was playing

1446

That picture … in the drawer for five years when I found it.

a) had been lying

b) had be lying

c) was lying

1447

They felt very tired after the meeting yesterday because they … for three hours.

a) had been talked

b) had been talking

c) had been talk

1448

Peter … for 3 hours when we got home.

a) had been sleping

b) had been sleeping

c) had been slep

1449

When we met the general he … to Russia for two weeks.

a) had been gone

b) had been going

c) had been went

1450

The sergeant … in the army for 30 years when I joined the regiment.

a) had been serving

b) had been served

c) had been serve

ANSWER KEY

 

1441

D

1442

C

1443

C

1444

C

1445

A

1446

A

1447

B

1448

B

1449

B

1450

A

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments