Thursday 16 June 2016

TOEFL EXERCISE PART 6



TOEFL STRUCTURE 6
Indicate if the sentences are correct (C) or incorrect (I)
1.    ___ The software should be used on a laptop computer, and this computer is a laptop.
2.    ___ The rain clouds can be seen in the distance, but no has fallen.
3.    ___ They are trying to sell their house, it has been on the market for two months.
4.    ___ So the quality of the print was not good, I changed the typewriter ribbon.
5.    ___ The lifeguard will warn you about the riptides, or she may require you to get out of the water.
6.    ___ You should have finished the work yesterday, yet is not close to being finished today.
7.    ___ The phone rang again and again, so the receptionist was not able to get much work done.
8.    ___ The missing wallet was found, but the cash and credit cards had been removed.
9.    ___ Or you can drive your car for another 2.000 miles, you can get it fixed.
10. ___ The chemist was awarded the Nobel Prize, he flew to Europe to accept it.

ANSWER KEY
1.    C
2.    I (missing subject: could be no rain has fallen)
3.    I (missing connector: could be and it has been)
4.    I (misplaced connector: should be The quality …. so I changed)
5.    C
6.    I (missing subject: could be yet it is)
7.    C
8.    C
9.    I (misplaced connector: should be You can drive…..or you can get)
10. I (missing connector: could be so he flew)

1 comment:

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments