Thursday 16 June 2016

TOEFL STRUCTURE 8




Indicate if the sentences correct (C) or incorrect (I).
1.         ___ It is impossible to enter that program if you lack experience as a teacher.
2.         ___ The commandant left strict orders about the passes, several soldiers left the post anyway.
3.         ___ No one is admitted to the academy unless he or she the education requirements.
4.         ___ While most students turned the assignment in on time, a few asked for an extension.
5.         ___ I will take you wherever need to go to complete the registration procedures.
6.         ___ I will wait here in the airport with you whether the plane leaves on time or not.
7.         ___ Providing the envelope is postmarked by this Friday, your application still acceptable.
8.         ___ As the nurse already explained all visitors must leave the hospital room now.
9.         ___ This exam will be more difficult than usual in that it covers two chapters instead of one.
10.     ___ Though snow had been falling all day long, everyone got to the church on time for the wedding.

ANSWER KEY
1.    C
2.    I (missing connector: could be Though the commandant left)
3.    I (missing verb: could be unless he r she meets)
4.    C
5.    I (missing subject: could be wherever you need)
6.    C
7.    I (missing verb: could be The building is)
8.    I (missing coma: explained, all visitors)
9.    C
10. C

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments