Wednesday 13 September 2023

PHRASAL VERBS (PART 2) ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES WITH ANSWERS ITEMS FOR B1&B2 PART 1: INTERMEDIATE LEVEL

 

ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES WITH ANSWERS

ITEMS FOR B1&B2

PART 1: INTERMEDIATE LEVEL

PHRASAL VERBS (PART 2)

 

226

She has just … that he lied to her.

a) found out

b) found in

c) found on

227

I don’t want to … (to disappoint you) .

a) let you up

b) let you in

c) let you down

228

I hate this town. I will never … here again.

a) go on

b) go back

c) go behind

229

I think it’s important … with your colleagues.

a) to keep in

b) to hold on

c) to fill in

230

I need … this task until the end of this week.

a) to keep on

b) to hold on

c) to carry out

231

Jenny, could you … my cat for a couple of days?

a) look out

b) look after

c) look into

232

She is … summer holiday.

a) looking after

b) looking for

c) looking forward to

233

Melanie has to … because she is the leader in her squad.

a) go ahead

b) go on

c) go into

234

They … two children.

a) bring up

b) bring after

c) bring at

235

It’s a great pity that they … (to separate).

a) woke up

b) broke up

c) gave in

236

You play chess well. I think you should … the school competition.

a) go in for

b) go back

c) go on

237

I don’t want … with you but you are so wrong.

a) to fall in

b) to fall for

c) to fall out

238

I … with my younger sister very well. We are like close friends.

a) get in

b) get along

c) get up

239

We are planning to … at 9 o’clock tomorrow.

a) set off

b) set on

c) set up

240

He doesn’t know what to do in this situation. I think he’ll … some day.

a) get off

b) fall for

c) give in

ANSWER KEY

 

226

A

227

C

228

B

229

A

230

C

231

B

232

C

233

A

234

A

235

B

236

A

237

C

238

B

239

A

240

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments