Saturday 30 September 2023

REPORTED SPEECH (PART 2) ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES WITH ANSWERS ITEMS FOR B1&B2 PART 1: INTERMEDIATE LEVEL

 

ENGLISH GRAMMAR EXERCISES WITH ANSWERS

ITEMS FOR B1&B2

PART 1: INTERMEDIATE LEVEL

REPORTED SPEECH  (PART 2)

 

586

Mia: “Oh no, I’ve left my tickets at home.”

a) Mia said that she left her tickets at home.

b) Mia said that she had been leaving her tickets at home.

c) Mia said that she has left her tickets at home.

d) Mia said that she had left her tickets at home.

587

Tiffany: “I’ll go to the gym tomorrow.”

a) Tiffany said that she had gone to the gym the next day.

b) Tiffany said that she went to the gym tomorrow.

c) Tiffany said that she would go to the gym tomorrow.

d) Tiffany said that she would go to the gym the next day.

588

Sister: “Don’t put this T-shirt on.”

a) She asked me did not put this T-shirt on.

b) She asked me did not put that T-shirt on.

c) She asked me not to put that T-shirt on.

d) She asked me to put not this T-shirt on.

589

Mary: “I usually leave home at 9 o’clock.”

a) She said that she usually left home at 9 o’clock.

b) She said that she would usually leave home at 9 o’clock.

c) She said that she was usually leaving home at 9 o’clock.

d) She said that she had usually left home at 9 o’clock.

590

Tom: “Will you go there with me?”

a) Tom asked me I would go there with him.

b) Tom asked me if I would go there with him.

c) Tom asked me if would I go there with him.

d) Tom asked me if I went there with him.

591

Stephanie: “I’m doing my homework now.”

a) She said that she was doing her homework now.

b) She said that she had been doing her homework then.

c) She said that she was doing her homework then.

d) She said that she had been doing her homework now.

592

Carla: “I’ve forgotten my e-mail password.”

a) Carla said that she has forgotten her e-mail password.

b) Carla said that she forgot her e-mail password.

c) Carla said that she had forgotten her e-mail password.

d) Carla said that she had been forgetting her e-mail password.

593

Dexter: “I’ll read this book next month.”

a) Dexter said that he would read that book the month after.

b) Dexter said that he would read that book next month.

c) Dexter said that he read that book the month after.

d) Dexter said that he had read that book next month.

594

Teacher: “Don’t be so lazy.”

a) Teacher asked us did not to be so lazy.

b) Teacher asked us not to be so lazy.

c) Teacher asked us did not be so lazy.

d) Teacher asked us to be not so lazy.

595

Jane: “Mike plays the violin.”

a) Jane said that Mike played the violin.

b) Jane said that Mike had played the violin.

c) Jane said that Mike was playing the violin.

d) Jane said that Mike would play the violin.

596

The coach: “Don’t be too late.”

a) The coach asked me had not to be too late.

b) The coach asked me did not to be too late.

c) The coach asked me not to be too late.

d) The coach asked me would not to be too late.

597

Kate: “I’ll be there at 8 p.m.”

a) She said that she had been there at 8 p.m.

b) She said that she has been there at 8 p.m.

c) She said that she was there at 8 p.m.

d) She said that she would be there at 8 p.m.

598

Teresa: “He has done everything wrong again.”

a) Teresa said that he did everything wrong again.

b) Teresa said that he had been doing everything wrong again.

c) Teresa said that he has done everything wrong again.

d) Teresa said that he had done everything wrong again.

599

Jill: “I’m writing a letter now.”

a) Jill said that she had been writing a letter then.

b) Jill said that she was writing a letter now.

c) Jill said that she was writing a letter then.

d) Jill said that she had been writing a letter now.

600

Melanie: “Where have you bought these shoes?”

a) She asked me where I had bought those shoes.

b) She asked me where had I had bought those shoes.

c) She asked me where did I buy those shoes.

d) She asked me where I bought those shoes.

ANSWER KEY

 

586

D

587

D

588

C

589

A

590

B

591

C

592

C

593

A

594

B

595

A

596

C

597

D

598

D

599

C

600

A

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments