Thursday 6 January 2022

29. COMPUTERS CHECK YOUR VOCABULARY FOR NATURAL ENGLISH COLLOCATIONS

 

CHECK YOUR VOCABULARY FOR NATURAL ENGLISH COLLOCATIONS

29. COMPUTERS

 

A. Choose the most suitable verbs from the box.

back up

type

have

open

run

click on

close down

enter

goes down

 

1

Please ___________ your user name and password.

2

You don’t have to ___________ it all in again – just cut and paste it from the first document.

3

If you forget to ___________ your work and the system ___________, you may lose everything.

4

If you want to open the program, just ___________ the icon.

5

If you ___________ trouble downloading files, it may be because the file sizes are too large.

6

You can ___________ Excel files in Word.

7

Your computer will ___________ faster if you ___________ the programs you’re not using.

 

B. Which is not natural English?

8

I bought it ___________ the internet, so it was much cheaper.

a

through

b

on

c

over

9

I’ll ___________ as soon as I arrive.

a

send you an email

b

email you

c

post you an email

10

When you ___________, don’t turn the computer off, because I need it after you.

a

log down

b

log off

c

log out

11

This computer takes ages to ___________, when you switch it on.

a

boot up

b

get ready

c

start up

12

As soon as I opened the attachment, the computer ___________.

a

froze up

b

went down

c

crashed

 

C. Match the two parts of the sentences.

13

Some spyware makes a record every time you access

a

data.

14

I have a USB key, but usually I save my work …

b

online.

15

This memory key can be used to store up to 4Gb of ….

c

a website.

16

This anti-virus system will give you peace of mind when you go ….

d

the net.

17

My son spends too much time surfing …

e

the disk.

 CLICK HERE FOR UNIT 28 SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

ANSWER KEY


                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments