Thursday 6 January 2022

31. LEISURE CHECK YOUR VOCABULARY FOR NATURAL ENGLISH COLLOCATIONS

 

CHECK YOUR VOCABULARY FOR NATURAL ENGLISH COLLOCATIONS

31. LEISURE

 

A. Choose the most suitable verb from the box. Change the form of the verb where necessary.

take

put

start

take

make

1

He was very friendly and made an effort to _____________ me at my ease.

2

As she got into the bath she felt herself _____________ to unwind.

3

Sit down and _____________ the weight of your feet.

4

He put his feet up and _____________ himself comfortable.

5

I’ve decided to _____________ some time off work to unwind a bit.

 

B. Choose the most natural sounding words or phrases.

6

Rick spends most of his ___________ in the gym.

a

relax time

b

free moments

c

spare time

7

I don’t want you to lift a finger. You just ___________!

a

relax and sit back

b

sit back and relax

c

sit and relax back

8

Alex and I are ___________ on Saturday, so I hope you can come.

a

throwing a party

b

making a party

c

doing a party

9

I think you should try to calm down and ___________ for a bit.

a

take the things easy

b

take things easily

c

take things easy

10

My doctor’s very warm and friendly – she really ___________ people at their ease.

a

makes

b

puts

c

relaxes

 

C. Match the two parts of the sentences.

11

I’ve been working too hard and I need to take

a

time.

12

He decided to take up …

b

peace and quiet.

13

I’m having a weekend at a spa hotel to get a bit of ….

c

a hobby.

14

I enjoy gardening in my free …

d

a break.

15

At moment, her life’s  all work and …..

e

no play.

 CLICK HERE FOR UNIT 30 TELEPHONES

ANSWER KEY


                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments