Monday 13 July 2015

MAKE/MADE/MADE (EVERYDAY ENGLISH)



A.Make
I’ll make some tea/ hot chocolate
I make breakfast/ lunch/ supper every day. (supper = a meal just before bed)

B.Make a…….
The teacher’s making a photocopy.
He’s making a film/ video of the class.
The children are making a noise.

C.Don ‘t make mistakes with make!
Can I say…..?                                                 yes/ No           Correction
I made a mistake in the exercise                                  
I have to make my homework                x                      I have to do my homework
I have to make an exam next week                     x                      I have to take/ do an exam
When I get up I make my bed                
I want to make an appointment                       
I’d like to make a photo of you                x                      I’d like to take a photo of you
I’ll help you make the dishes                  x                      I’ll help you do the dishes

D.It makes me (feel) …..
Going by train always makes me (feel) tired.
My friend called me stupid. It made me (feel) angry.
That film made me (feel) sad.


EXERCISES
1.1.Fill the gaps with make or do
1.I always …… a lot of mistakes when I speak English
2.If I ……… my homework every day, my English will get better.
3.Let’s go to bed now. We can ……. The dishes in the morning.
4.I want to ……. An exam in French. Do you know where I can …….one?
5.We always try not to …… a noise after ten o’clock at night.

1.2.Complete the sentences with make (s)/ made me feel
1.That film ……. sad.
2.Long lessons always ……… tired.
3.She was horrible to me; it ………. angry.

1.3.Correct the mistakes in these sentences. Look at the esample.
1.I have to make my homework. I have to do my homework
2.Can I make a photo of you?
3.He’s 25 but he never makes his own washing. He takes his dirty clothes to his mother’s.
4.What do you think, yes or no? we must do a decision today.
5.I have to take an appointment with the doctor. Do you have her phone number?
6.I do mistakes when I speak English.
7.Are you making an exam tomorrow?

KEY
1.1
1.Make
2.Do
3.Do
4.Do/ take; do/take
5.Make

1.2
   1.made/makes me (feel) sad
   2.make me (feel) tired
   3.made me (feel) angry

1.3
1.Can I take a photo of you?
2.He’s 25 but never does his own washing. He takes his dirty clothes to his mother’s.
3.What do you think, yes or no? we must make a decision today.
4.I have to make an appointment with the doctor. Do you have her phone number?
5.I make mistakes when I speak English.
6.Are you doing/taking an exam tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments