Sunday 19 July 2015

TAKE/ TOOK/ TAKEN (EVERYDAY ENGLISH)



A.Take with time (it + take + person + time)
It takes Alan 20 minutes to get to work.
I go to school/ university every day. It takes me 30 minutes.
How long does it take to get to the station? 15 minutes in a taxi.

B.Take with course/ exams, etc.
Are you taking an English course? Yes.
Do you have to take an exam? Yes, at the end of the course.
I want to take some Japanese lessons.

C.Take with bus, car, etc.
How do you get to work? I take the bus.
In Paris you can take the metro to Eiffel Tower.
How does Nik get to work? He takes the train.

D.Take something with you
Are you going out? Take an umbrella. It’s raining.
Are you going to the beach? Take some water with you.
Sorry, you can’t take your camera into the museum.
Useful expression; can I take a photograph here?

Tip: make a page in your notebook for take and put in new words that go with it when you see them (e.g. a picture, a look at, a chance).

EXERCISES
1.1.Fill the gaps for yourself
1. It __________ me ______________ minutes to get to school/ university.
2.It takes me ____________ minutes / hours to go from _____________ to ______________.
3.________ takes me _____________ to do one unit of this book.

1.2.Complete the sentences using take/ took and an expression below.
A course     your driving test           some lessons    an exam
1.At the end of the course, you have to ______________
2.I wanted to speak French, so I _________________
3.You want to learn Russian? Why don’t you _____________?
4.In Britain, when you are 17, you can _____________



1.3.Look at the pictures. Answer the questions using take

 


1.How does Lisa go to work? She ________________
 



2.How can I get to the airport? You ____________

 
3.How does Simon go to school? He __________________

 
4.How do Paul and Ann get home every day? They ________________________



1.4. What do you take with you when ____________________
1.You want to take photographs?
2.It’s raining?
3.You go to another country?
4.You go to your English Lessons?

KEY

1.1
Possible answers:
1.It takes me 10 minutes to get to university.
2.It takes me an hour to go from Cambridge to London.
3.It takes me an hour to do one unit of this book.

1.2
1.take an exam
2.took some lessons./ took a course.
3.take a course? / take some lessons?
4.take your driving test.

1.3
1.She takes the train.
2.you can/could/have to/should take a taxi.
3.He takes the bus.
4.They take the underground

1.4
1.a camera
2.an umbrella
3.my passport
4.my books and pens/ pencils



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments