Saturday 9 February 2019

10. CHOOSE THE WORD 1 Test your vocabulary


Test your vocabulary
10. CHOOSE THE WORD 1

Choose the word which best completes each sentence.
1
A bed on board a ship is called a _______________
a
sleeper
b
cabin
c
bunk
d
dormitory
2
I have no brothers or sisters. I am _______________ child.
a
an only
b
a sole
c
a unique
d
a single
3
I’m terribly sorry. I seem to have _______________ my book at home.
a
lost
b
forgotten
c
left
d
hidden
4
My sister and I are always quarrelling. We just don’t seem to _______________.
a
get off
b
get together
c
get on
d
get by
5
Most parents find it difficult to _______________ their children nowadays.
a
grow up
b
foster
c
develop
d
bring up
6
I _______________ to inform you that your mother died ten minutes ago.
a
sorry
b
regret
c
apologise
d
pity
7
I think everyone should _______________ the Human Rights movement.
a
agree
b
support
c
stand up
d
supply
8
I only paid £3 for this dress. It was a real _______________.
a
find
b
sale
c
bargain
d
cheap
9
I always try to _______________ something each month for my holidays.
a
save
b
spare
c
spend
d
put
10
I don’t have a job. I’m _______________.
a
lonely
b
sick
c
unused
d
unemployed
11
Which horse shall we _______________ on in the 2.15 race?
a
back
b
bet
c
place
d
win
12
Manchester United _______________ Liverpool in the F.A. Cup Final.
a
beat
b
won
c
sailed
d
lost

Answer key

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments