Tuesday 12 February 2019

Choose the word 2 Test your vocabulary


Test your vocabulary
Choose the word 2

Choose the word which best completes each sentence.

1
My work’s got worse and worse. Unless 1 _____ I’ll fail my exams in the summer.
a
get well
b
improve
c
increase
d
get back
2
Oh dear! My watch has _____ !
a
ended
b
stopped
c
finished
d
completed
3
If you work for someone, then you are _____
a
a slave
b
unemployed
c
an employer
d
an employee
4
I’m afraid there’s no _____ of seeing Mr Brown until tomorrow.
a
possibility
b
wish
c
opportunity
d
chance
5
The _____ around this town is quite beautiful.
a
countryside
b
scene
c
nature
d
country
6
He’s always telling me what to do. He’s so _____
a
cruel
b
bossy
c
helpful
d
charming
7
His parents gave him everything he asked for. He was thoroughly _____
a
disturbed
b
ashamed
c
full up
d
spoilt
8
I still feel like a cigarette even though I _____ smoking two years ago.
a
gave in
b
gave up
c
gave over
d
completed
9
He wants to get to the top before he is thirty. He is very _____.
a
tall
b
ambitious
c
intelligent
d
industrial
10
John always arrives on time. He’s so _____
a
careful
b
boring
c
punctual
d
industrial
11
She made the _____ mistake of forgetting to put the ‘s’ on the verb in the third person singular.
a
classic
b
important
c
classical
d
famous
12
I was very _____ for all the advice she gave me.
a
glad
b
grateful
c
in debt
d
pleased

Answer key









No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments