Monday 11 February 2019

Prepositions 1 Test your vocabulary


Test your vocabulary
Prepositions 1

Put in the missing prepositions in the following sentences.
1
I’m very disappointed ___________ him.
a
on
b
in
c
of
2
Who else was ___________ the party on Saturday?
a
at
b
on
c
to
3
He had difficulty ___________ starting the car.
a
with
b
to
c
in
4
What do English people eat ___________ Christmas?
a
to
b
at
c
under
5
That music was written ___________ Beethoven.
a
of
b
with
c
by
6
I’m very conscious ___________ my big nose.
a
of
b
at
c
with
7
The police car chased the robbers ___________ the streets.
a
among
b
in
c
through
8
I’m looking ___________ my lighter. Have you seen it?
a
to
b
after
c
for
9
I haven’t smoked ___________ ages.
a
for
b
since
c
at
10
I’m tired ___________ learning English.
a
on
b
of
c
with
11
Here – divide this bar of chocolate ___________ yourselves.
a
in
b
among
c
with
12
His opinion differs ___________ mine.
a
to
b
from
c
with
13
You go on – there’s no need to wait ___________ me.
a
on
b
by
c
for
14
If you don’t know what a word means. You can always look it ___________ in a dictionary.
a
on
b
over
c
up
15
He was very proud ___________ being English.
a
of
b
over
c
with


Answer key

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments