Monday 11 February 2019

Missing words – people’s characteristics Test your vocabulary


Test your vocabulary
Missing words – people’s characteristics

Put the following words in the correct sentences.
ambitious
big-headed
intelligent
immature
rude
obstinate
moody
eccentric
strict
sympathetic



1
John is always telling how well he plays the guitar. He’s so ____________________
2
Many girls of 16 and 17 are far too ____________________ to get married and have children.
3
I see Clive’s passed all his exams again. It must be wonderful to be so ____________________
4
The trouble with Jane is that she’s so ____________________ One minute she’s laughing, the next she’s sulking. You just don’t know where you are with her.
5
One of the things I like about Pamela is that she’s so ____________________ if you have a problem you know you can go to her and that she’ll listen to you and try to help all she can.
6
Mrs Green’s children are so ____________________ They never say ‘Please’ or ‘Thank you’ and only last week I heard them swearing at the postman.
7
My son’s very ____________________ He doesn’t want to work in an office all his life. In fact he keeps telling me that one day he’s going to be Prime Minister.
8
My uncle is very ____________________ No matter what the weather, he always wears a bright red cape when he goes out and a matching pair boots. Everyone stares at him, but he doesn’t mind. He likes being different.
9
My husband never sees my point of view. He has his opinions and nothing I say will ever change them. He’s so ____________________
10
When I was a teenager, my father was very ____________________ He’d never allow me to wear make-up or have a boyfriend, and if I went out with friends I always had to be home by 10 o’clock


Answer key







No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments