Saturday 30 June 2018

REVIEW EXERCISE (SKILLS 20-23)



EXERCISE (Skills 20-23): Underline the subjects once and the verbs twice in each of the following sentences. Then indicate if the sentences are correct (C) or incorrect (I).


_______
1
The contracts signed by the company has been voided because some stipulations were not met.
_______
2
Ten miles beyond the river was the farmlands that they had purchased with their life savings.
_______
3
Each package that is not properly wrapped have to be returned to the sender.
_______
4
She would not have to enter the house through the bedroom window were the keys where they were supposed to be.
_______
5
The proposal brought so much new work to the partnership that there was not enough hours to complete all of it.
_______
6
The box of disks for the computer have been misplaced.
_______
7
It is disconcerting to believe that every possible candidate has been rejected for one reason or another.
_______
8
Only once have there been more excitement in this city about a sporting event.
_______
9
Bobby has a bigger bicycle than does the other children in the neighbourhood.
_______
10
If nobody have bought that car from the dealer, then you should return and make another offer.
 

ANSWER KEY



1
I
(has should be have)
2
I
(was should be were)
3
I
(have should be has)
4
C

5
I
(was should be were)
6
I
(have should be has)
7
C

8
I
(have should be has)
9
I
(does should be do)
10
I
(have should be has)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments