Saturday 2 June 2018

SKILL 11 USE ADJECTIVE CLAUSE CONNECTORS CORRECTLY



SKILL 11
USE ADJECTIVE CLAUSE CONNECTORS CORRECTLY



An adjective clause is a clause that describes a noun. Because the clause is an adjective, it is positioned directly after the noun that it describes.


In the example there are two clauses; woman is the subject of the verb is feeling, and she is the subject of the verb put. That is the adjective clause connector that joins these two clauses, and the adjective clause that she put on the table describes the noun glass.

Each of the following sentences contains more than one clause. Underline the subjects once and the verb twice. Circle the connectors. Put boxes around the adjective clauses. Then ind icate if the sentences are correct (C) or incorrect (I).
 
3.             I just finished reading the novel whom the professor suggested for my book report. (_____).
4.             The plane that he was scheduled to take to Hawaii was delayed. (_____)
5.             The movie which we watched on cable last night it was really frightening. (_____)
6.             I made an appointment with the doctor whom you recommended. (_____)
7.             The enthusiasm with we watched he greeted me made me feel welcome. (_____)
8.             The story that you told me about Bob. (_____)
9.             The men with whom were having the discussion did not seem very friendly. (_____)
10.         I’m not really sure about taking part in the plans that we made last night. (_____)

ANSWER KEY
1.             C
2.             I                         missing verb    (could be is for sale)
3.             I                         incorrect connector (whom could be which)
4.             C
5.             I                         extra subject (omit it)
6.             C
7.             C
8.             I                         missing verb (could be was funny)
9.             I                         missing subject (could be we were having)
10.         C


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments