Monday 2 July 2018

EXERCISE (SKILLS 24-26)



EXERCISE (SKILLS 24-26)

EXERCISE (Skills 24-26): Circle the word or words that indicate that the sentence should have parallel parts. Underline the parts that should be parallel. Then indicate if the sentences are correct (C) or incorrect (I).

_______
1
After retirement he plans on travelling to exotic locations, dine in the finest restaurants, and playing a lot of golf.
_______
2
She was both surprised by and pleased with the seminar.
_______
3
What came after the break was even more booring than had come before.
_______
4
He would find the missing keys neither under the bed or behind the sofa.
_______
5
Depending on the perspective of the viewer, the film was considered laudable, mediocrity, or horrendous.
_______
6
He exercised not only in the morning, but he also exercised every afternoon.
_______
7
Working four days per week is much more relaxing than working five days per week.
_______
8
Sam is always good-natured, generous, and helps you.
_______
9
Either you have to finish the project, or the contract will be cancelled.
_______
10
The courses that you are required to take are more important than the courses that you choose.

ANSWER KEY




1
I
(dine should be dining)
2
C

3
I
(should be what had come before)
4
I
(or should be nor)
5
I
(mediocrity should be mediocre)
6
I
(should be but also in the afternoon)
7
C

8
I
(help you should be helpful)
9
C

10
C






1 comment:

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments