Tuesday 24 July 2018

REVIEW EXERCISE (SKILLS 27-29)

REVIEW EXERCISE (SKILLS 27-29)


EXERCISE (Skills 27-29): Circle the comparatives and superlatives in the following sentences. Then indicate if the sentences are correct (C) or incorrect (I).

_______
1
The coffee is more stronger today than it was yesterday.
_______
2
The tree that was struck by lightning had been the tallest of the two trees we had in the yard.
_______
3
He will buy the most fuel-efficient car that he can afford.
_______
4
The closest it gets to summer, the longer the days are.
_______
5
The business department is bigger of the departments in the university.
_______
6
I really do not want to live in the Southeast because it is one of the most hot areas in the United States.
_______
7
It is preferable to use the most efficient and most effective method that you can.
_______
8
Tonight’s dinner was more filling than last night’s.
_______
9
The sooner the exam is scheduled, the less time you have to prepare.
_______
10
The house is now the cleanest that it has ever been.


ANSWER KEY

1
I
(omit more)
2
I
(should be taller than the other tree)
3
C

4
I
(the closest  should be the closer)
5
I
(bigger should be the biggest)
6
I
(most hot should be hottest)
7
C

8
C

9
C

10
C




No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments