Tuesday 29 October 2019

BRING/BROUGHT/BROUGHT(44) ENGLISH VOCABULARY FOR ELEMENTARY


ENGLISH VOCABULARY FOR ELEMENTARY
BRING/BROUGHT/BROUGHT(44)


A
BRING & TAKE


take (like go) = from here to there
bring (like come) = from there to here
 
Are you going to school? Take your books. (= from here to the school)
Are you going to the kitchen? Can you bring me a glass? (= from the kitchen to here)
Please take this form to the secretary. (= the secretary is there)
Come to my house tomorrow and bring your guitar. (= for me, my house is here)
B
BRING SOMEBODY SOMETHING
A: I’ve brought /brɔːt/ you some apples from my garden.
B: Oh, thank you!

When she visits me, she always brings me flowers.

C
BRING SOMETHING BACK

It’s raining. You can take my umbrella and bring it back tomorrow.

JULES          : This book is interesting.
MARGAUX: Please take it with you and read it.
JULES          : Thanks. I’ll bring it back on Friday.
MARGAUX: OK. No problem.

Exercises
44.1
Fill the gaps with bring or take.

1
Are you going to the shops? _____Take_____  an umbrella. It’s raining.
2
‘Don’t forget to _________________ your books tomorrow!’ the teacher said to the class.
3
Are you going to the kitchen? Can you _________________ me some water?
4
_________________ your camera with you when you go to Thailand. It’s beautiful there.
5
Are you going to the office? Can you _________________ these papers, please?
6
I’ll _________________ you a present from New York.
44.2
Match the words on the left with the words on the right.

1
Yesterday he brought me
a
these letters, please.
2
You must take
b
bring your guitar.
3
Come to my house and
c
some flowers.
4
Go to the post office and take
d
food to the party.
5
Everybody is going to bring
e
your passport when you travel.
44.3
Fill the gaps with the correct form of bring or take.

1
She always _____brings____ me presents. Yesterday she ________ me some chocolates.
2
Hello, I’ve________  you some flowers. I hope you like them!
3
Can you ________ this present when you go and see Sonia?
4
She is going to ________ my book, read it tonight and ________ it back tomorrow.
44.4
Fill the gaps with bring back or take.

1
Can I_____take_______ this magazine to read tonight? I’ll _______________ it tomorrow.
2
When she went to Belgium, she _______________ me _______________ some chocolates.
3
Please _______________ my umbrella. You can _______________ it _______________ tomorrow.
44.5
Where are you now?
If you are at an English lesson now, answer a).
If you are not at an English lesson, answer b).

a Name three things you always bring to the lesson.
b Name three things you always take to the lesson.


ANSWER KEY

44.1
2
bring
3
bring
4
Take
5
take

6
bring

44.2
2
e You must take your passport when you travel.
3
b Come to my house and bring your guitar.
4
a Go to the post office and take these letters, please.
5
d Everybody is going to bring food to the party.

44.3
1
brings; brought
2
brought
3
take
4
take; bring

44.4
1
take; bring it back
2
brought me back
3
take; bring it back

44.5
Possible answer:

I always bring / take my vocabulary notebook, a pen and my coursebook to the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments