Tuesday 29 October 2019

EVERYDAY THINGS(47) ENGLISH VOCABULARY FOR ELEMENTARY


ENGLISH VOCABULARY FOR ELEMENTARY
EVERYDAY THINGS(47)


A
THINGS WE DO EVERY DAY
 

B
SOMETIMES I …


C
EXPRESSIONS

A: How often do you go out / watch a film?
B: Three or four times a week.
A: What time do you get up / go to work?
B: At 7 o’clock normally.
A: How do you go to work?
B: Usually by bus / train / car.
(See also Unit 38: Have / had / had and Unit 41: Make / made / made.)

COMMON MISTAKES

We say I usually get up at 8 o’clock, but today I got up at 8.30. [NOT I used to / I’m used to get up at 8 o’clock.]

Exercises
47.1
What do they usually do?

1
____He listens to the radio every morning________.
2
She w__________________ (every Saturday
3
He c__________________ (every weekend
4
He w__________________ (every evening
5
She g__________________ (every Sunday
47.2
Ask questions.

Topic
Question
Answer
1
get up
What time do you get up?
7.30, usually.
2
go for a walk
How _______________
Every Saturday.
3
go to work
How _______________
By train.
4
have dinner
When _______________
At about 7 o’clock usually.
5
come home from work
How _______________
I normally walk home.
6
phone your best friend
How _______________
Two or three times a week.
7
clean your room
When _______________
On Saturday morning usually.
8
have a shower
What _______________
Usually at about 11 pm.
47.3
Complete the sentences about yourself.

1
I usually wake up at _________________
2
I go to the bathroom and have _________________
3
I usually have _________________ for breakfast.
4
I go to work by _________________
5
I usually have a cup of tea / coffee at _________________o’clock.
6
I usually come home at _________________
7
I usually _________________ dinner at _________________ o’clock.
8
In the evenings I normally _________________ or _________________
9
Sometimes I _________________ one or two emails or _________________ to the radio.
10
I usually_________________ to bed at _________________


ANSWER KEY

47.1
2
She washes (the / her) clothes every Saturday.
3
He cleans the house / his flat every weekend.
4
He watches TV / television every evening.
5
She goes for a walk every Sunday.

47.2
possible questions
2
How often do you go for a walk?
6
How often do you phone your best friend?
3
How do you go to work?
7
When do you clean your room?
4
When do you have dinner?
8
What time do you have a shower?
5
How do you come home from work?



47.3
Possible answers
1
I usually wake up at 7 o’clock.
2
I go to the bathroom and have a shower.
3
I usually have tea and toast for breakfast.
4
I go to work by car.
5
I usually have a cup of coffee at 11 o’clock.
6
I usually come home at about 6 pm.
7
I usually make dinner at 7 o’clock.
8
In the evenings I normally watch TV or go for a walk.
9
Sometimes I write one or two emails or listen to the radio.
10
I usually go to bed at 11 o’clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments