Sunday 16 September 2018

PET For Schools 1 Test 1 Paper 1 Part 5


PET For Schools 1


TEST 1
Paper 1 READING AND WRITING
READING

Part 5
Questions 26-35

Read the text below and choose the correct word for each space.
For each question, mark the correct letter A, B, C and D on your answer sheet.

NEW HOME – NEW SCHOOL
By Megan Williams, aged 13
Last year my Dad got a new job. It was in a town (0) ______ was 100 kms from our home. Mum and Dad (26) ______ we would have to move, because it was a long way for Dad to (27) ______ every day.
When they (28) ______ me about their plan I was upset (29) ______. I loved my home and school. I was worried that I would (30) ______ all my friends and teachers a lot.
Anyway, six months (31) ______ that, my family moved to the town of Hexford. The house was much bigger than our old one, and (32) ______ my bedroom window I (33) ______ see the sea.
I wasn’t looking forward to the first day at my new school. I felt really (34) ______ about meeting lots of new people. But when I got there everyone was great! My class teacher was nice and I (35) ______ friends with two girls in my class. Moving home isn’t that bad, after all.


26
A
chose
B
decided
C
selected
D
picked
27
A
transport
B
carry
C
tour
D
travel
28
A
said
B
spoke
C
told
D
explained
29
A
because
B
so
C
but
D
and
30
A
forget
B
lose
C
leave
D
miss
31
A
further
B
after
C
next
D
later
32
A
down
B
along
C
from
D
away
33
A
shall
B
could
C
must
D
would
34
A
nervous
B
disappointed
C
angry
D
bored
35
A
knew
B
found
C
made
D
met

ANSWER KEY
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
B
D
C
A
D
B
C
B
A
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments