Tuesday 25 September 2018

TEST 1 PAPER 1 WRITING (PET For Schools 1)


PET For Schools 1


TEST 1
PAPER 1
WRITING

Part 1
Questions 1-5

Here are some sentences about a game.
For each question, complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first.
Use no more than three words.
Write only the missing words on your answer sheet.
You may use this page for any rough work.



You can’t play Jotto unless there are at lear two players.
You can only play jotto _________ there are at least two players.
2
You can play Jotto in a team or by yourself.
You can play Jotto in a team or on _________ own.
3
I enjoy the game, and my parents enjoy it too.
I enjoy the games and so _________ my parents.
4
My friend said that she had never played Jotto.
My friend said, ‘I _________ played Jotto.’
5
What about playing the game now?
Shall _________ the game now?

Part 2
Question 6

Your English friend, Emma, has sent you some birthday money for you to buy a music CD.
Write an email to Emma. In your email, you should

Thank Emma for the present.
Say which music CD you are going to buy.
Explain why you have chosen this CD.
Write 35-45 words.

Part 3
Write an answer to one of the questions (7 or 8) in this part.
Write your answer in about 100 words on your answer sheet.
Mark the question number in the box at the top of your answer sheet.

Question 7
This is part of a letter you receive from a British friend
I went to a great restaurant with my family last night. Which do you prefer: eating at home or in restaurant? Tell me about your favourite place to eat.
 Now write a letter to your friend.
Write your letter on your answer sheet.

Question 7

Your English teacher wants you to write a story.
This is the title of your story
How I met my best friend
Write your story in about 100 words on your answer sheet.

ANSWER KEY

Part 1
1.        if/when
2.       your
3.       do
4.      ‘ve/ have never
5.       we play

Part 2
The following sample answer can be used as a guide marking

 

Part C

 

Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments