Monday 30 November 2020

PART 5 PAPER 3 TEST 1 (USE OF ENGLISH) CERTIFICATE IN ADVANCED ENGLISH 1

 

CERTIFICATE IN ADVANCED ENGLISH 1

TEST 1

PAPER 3 (USE OF ENGLISH)

 

PART 5

For questions 43-50, complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given. Do not change the word given. You must use between three and six words, including the word given. Here is an example (0).


43

Mauro says he prefers to do his homework on his own.

RATHER

Mauro says that ____________________________ do his homework with other people.

44

Clara said that she had not seen the missing letter.

HAVING

Clara ____________________________ the missing letter.

45

It took Layla five minutes to find her car keys.

SPENT

Layla ____________________________ for her car keys.

46

A short meeting of the cast will take place after today's rehearsal.

BY

Today's rehearsal ____________________________ a short meeting of the cast.

47

I'll be happy to show you round the sights of my city when you come to visit me.

TAKE

It will be a ____________________________ sightseeing tour of my city when you come to visit me.

48

Rousseau painted fabulous pictures of the rainforest although he had never travelled outside Europe.

SPITE

Rousseau painted fabulous pictures of the rainforest ____________________________ travelled outside Europe.

49

It is thought that one in every five people cannot control how much they spend.

UNABLE

One in every five people is thought ____________________________ their spending under control.

50

My passport needs renewing because I'm going abroad this summer.

I need ____________________________ because I'm going abroad this summer.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments