Wednesday 19 December 2018

IN THE KITCHEN (11) ENGLISH VOCABULARY IN USE (ELEMENTARY)


ENGLISH VOCABULARY IN USE (ELEMENTARY)
IN THE KITCHEN (11)

A
What’s in the kitchen?
B
Things we use in the kitchen
 
C
Things we use for eating and drinking
 
D
Expressions
A: Where can I find a mug / a cloth / some kitchen roll? B: They are in the cupboard.
A: Can I help with the washing-up / cooking? B: Yes, please! You can dry the plates. / You can cook some rice.
A: Where does this cup / plate / frying pan go? B: Put it in this cupboard, please.

Tip
Stick labels on objects in your kitchen with their English names on them. You will see these everyday and this will help you to learn the words.


Exercises
11.1
Tick () yes or no. Write sentences for the wrong answers.


yes
no

1
I use a frying pan to drink out of.

I use a glass / a cup / a mug to drink out of
2
You use washing-up liquid to clean plates.



3
The fridge is cold inside.



4
The fridge is colder than the freezer.



5
I turn on the tap to get water.



6
A tea towel is for making tea.



11.2
Make questions for these answers. Use words from the opposite page.
1 _____Where’s the coffee?_______     It’s in the cupboard.
2 _____________________________     It’s on the cooker.
3 _____________________________      Please put them on the worktop.
4 _____________________________     Thanks. You can wash these plates and I’ll dry them.
5 _____________________________      In the fridge on the bottom shelf.
11.3
What do you need?
1 To make coffee I need ____a coffee maker, a cup, a spoon._________________
2 To make tea I need ______________________________________________
3 To fry something I need ______________________________________________
4 To eat my food I need ______________________________________________
5 To drink some water I need ______________________________________________
6 To cook dinner in two minutes I need ______________________________________________
7 To wash plates, knives and forks I need ______________________________________________
8 To wash my clothes I need ______________________________________________
11.4
Look at the picture. Answer the questions.
1 What’s on the cooker? __________a saucepan______________
2 What’s on the shelf? _________________________

3 What’s in the cupboard under the shelf? _________________________
4 Where’s the microwave? _________________________
5 What’s next to the sink? _________________________
6 What’s under the sink? _________________________

ANSWER KEY
 














                   












No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments