Saturday 22 December 2018

Your Phone (17) ENGLISH VOCABULARY IN USE (ELEMENTARY)


ENGLISH VOCABULARY IN USE (ELEMENTARY)
Your Phone (17)

A
Parts of your phone


B
Using a smartphone

Ramesh takes a lot of selfies and posts them online.
Lisa didn’t answer her phone, so I left a voicemail.
Can you text me the address of the restaurant? I haven’t been there before.
I’ve just got a message from Andy. He wants to know if we’re going to the party.
You can download an app with a dictionary to help you when you write in English.
While she was on holiday, Kelly called her family every day.
C
Expressions

Amy Can you read that message on my phone, please? My hands are wet.
Claire It’s locked. What’s the PIN?
Amy You don’t need a PIN to unlock it. Just swipe the screen left to right.
Tim I can’t save any new photos.
Emily Your phone memory is full. You need to delete some photos and messages



Exercises
17.1
Match the things on your phone with what they do.

1
camera
a
stores the information you need to use your phone
2
SIM card
b
covers the phone
3
screen
c
starts the phone
4
phone case
d
takes photos
5
power button
e
shows pictures and words
17.2
Choose the right words to complete these sentences.

1 Tanya has a new app / battery for texting on the Internet.
2 When your phone’s battery is low, you need a charger / camera.
3 You can use my phone to voicemail / call Megan.
4 Danny’s new phone has a great screen / camera. It takes amazing photos.
5 I bought a new battery / SIM card in France, so that it was cheaper to call and use the Internet.
6 I want to buy a new phone case / app. This one is old and dirty.
17.3
Complete these sentences with words from B.

1 Maria ____texted_______me last night, but I didn’t see her message until this morning.
2 Carlos _____________ a lot of photos of his new dog and puts them on Facebook.
3 What was the last app that you _____________ ?
4 Lucy _____________ her sister. They talked about their holiday at the beach.
5 Victor _____________ me a voicemail. He asked me to call him back.
17.4
Complete the conversation with words from C

DEEPA      : Can I look at your photos from the concert?
IREENA    : Sure. Here’s my phone. Let me just put in the PIN to 1 _____unlock_____ it.
DEEPA       : That’s a great one! Do I 2 __________ right to see the next photo?
IREENA     : Yes, that’s right.
DEEPA       : Did you delete the ones from the restaurant?
IREENA     : No, I 3 __________ them in a different folder. Here they are.
17.5
Over to you

Answer these questions for yourself.
1 Do you use a PIN to lock your phone?
2 Do you have a phone case? What does it look like?
3 What apps do you use most often?
4 Do you save all the photos you take, or do you delete some of them?
5 Have you taken a selfie recently?
6 Do you prefer to call or text people? Why?

ANSWER KEY
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments