Wednesday 19 December 2018

JOBS (14) ENGLISH VOCABULARY IN USE (ELEMENTARY)


ENGLISH VOCABULARY IN USE (ELEMENTARY)
JOBS (14)

A
What’s his/her job?
B
Jobs in the town
C
Expressions
Sam: What’s your job?                                                                                        
Ben: I’m a waiter. I work in a restaurant. What do you do?
Sam: I’m a taxi driver.
Ben: Is it an interesting job?
Sam: Yes, I like it. Where do you work?
Sophie: I work in an office. Sometimes it’s boring.

My dad works in a factory which makes car parts.
I worked in a shop at the weekends when I was a student.
I want to work in a beauty salon as a hairdresser.
I’d like to work in a children’s hospital.
I’m a writer. I work at / from home.



Exercises
14.1
1 A teacher _____works in a school / college / university._____
2 A doctor __________________________________________
3 A waiter __________________________________________
4 A secretary __________________________________________
5 A shop assistant __________________________________________
6 A hairdresser __________________________________________
14.2
nurse   farmer     secretary      taxi driver       engineer     mechanic

14.3
Complete the crossword.

Across
Down
1
works on a bus
1
works in a hospital
2
works in a school
2
works in a restaurant
3
writes books
3
works with the doctor

14.4
Complete the sentences.

1 He works in a ____factory_____ which makes electrical goods.
2 She’s an _____________. She builds roads and bridges.
3 The traffic _____________ is checking all the parked cars.
4 The _____________ told me to return the book at the end of the month.
5 The bank _____________ changed some money for me.
6 A police _____________told me the way to the station.
14.5
Answer the questions for yourself.

1 What do you do?
2 Where do you work?
3 Is it an interesting job?

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments