Wednesday 19 December 2018

IN THE LIVING ROOM (13) ENGLISH VOCABULARY IN USE (ELEMENTARY)


ENGLISH VOCABULARY IN USE (ELEMENTARY)
IN THE LIVING ROOM (13)

A
Things in the living room
 

B
Useful verbs

Every evening I watch television.
Sometimes I listen to the radio or listen to music.
Sometimes I read a book.

Sometimes I just relax. [rest and do nothing]
C
Expressions


It’s getting dark. Can you close the curtains, please?

OK. And I’ll switch the light on.

Thanks. Now can you turn the radio off? And pass me the remote control. I want to turn on the TV. There’s a good programme on.

Common mistakes
The furniture in my room is white [NOT The furniture in my room are white].


Exercises
13.1
Write the names of …

1 somewhere you can put books.   a bookshelf
2 somewhere two or three people can sit.
3 somewhere you can put down your cup.
4 something you can look at on the wall.
5 something for switching the light on or off.
6 something for listening to music.
7 something under your feet.
8 something for changing channels on the TV.
13.2
Match the words on the left with the words on the right.

1
switch on the
a
TV
2
relax in an
b
lamp
3
close the
c
remote control
4
pass the
d
radio
5
listen to the
e
armchair
6
watch
f
curtains
13.3
Correct the mistakes in the sentences.

1 This evening let’s just relax us at home. _____This evening let’s just relax at home.___
2 I don’t often listen the radio. ____________________________________
3 We need some more bookshelfs in this room. ____________________________________
4 I watched at television all evening yesterday. ____________________________________
5 It’s dark now. Please make the curtains. ____________________________________
6 Liam has some very nice furnitures in his house. ____________________________________
13.4
Find 10 more words from this unit in the wordsearch.


Over to you
Write about your living room at home. You can draw a plan of it first. What furniture is there in the room? What colour are the walls? Are there any pictures on them? What do you do when you are in your living room?

ANSWER KEY
 














                   












No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments