Tuesday 23 November 2021

UNIT 12 SECTION 1 (D) Use of English B2 for all exams

 

Use of English B2 for all exams

UNIT 12 SECTION 1 (D)

 

Grammar Revision (Conditionals)

Rewrite the following sentences so that the second sentence has a similar meaning to the first. Begin w ith the word(s) given.

1

They want to travel abroad next month, so they have to renew their passports.

Unless

2

I think that you shouldn't drive so carelessly.

If I ____________________________________________________

3

The reason why the dog attacked them was because they hit it with a stick.

If ____________________________________________________

4

I might not manage to repair the leaking tap on my own, so I'll ask my brother for help.

In case ____________________________________________________

5

In order to hire a car, you need to have a driving licence.

Unless ____________________________________________________

6

I want to buy a big house with a garden, but I can't afford it.

If ____________________________________________________

7

The burglars broke into my house because the burglar alarm didn't go off.

Had ____________________________________________________

8

Not having heard that his flight was boarding, he missed the plane.

Provided ____________________________________________________

9

The buses may be on strike, so you might have to catch a taxi to work.

If ____________________________________________________

10

My parents encouraged and supported me after the accident, so I recovered quickly.

But for ____________________________________________________

11

We feel so tired that we can't continue our journey.

If ____________________________________________________

12

You can borrow my bike, but you must promise to take good care of it.'

As long as ____________________________________________________

13

She must do her homework, otherwise her parents won't let her go to the party.

On condition ____________________________________________________

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PREVIOUS PART

ANSWER KEY

1

they renew their passports, they won't be able to travel abroad next month_

2

were you. I wouldn't drive so carelessly

3

they hadn't hit the dog with a stick, it wouldn't have attacked them

4

I don't manage to repair the leaking tap on my own. I'll ask my brother for help

5

you have a driving licence, you can't hire a car

6

I could afford it, I would buy a big house with a garden

7

the burglar alarm gone off, the burglars wouldn't have broken into my house

8

(that) he had heard (that) his flight was boarding, he wouldn't have missed the plane

9

the buses are on strike, you might have to catch a taxi to work

10

my parents' encouragement and support, I wouldn't have recovered quickly after the accident

11

we didn't feel so tired, we would/could continue our journey

12

you promise to take good care of my bike, you can borrow it

13

(that) she does her homework, her parents will let her go to the party

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments