Saturday 13 November 2021

UNIT 9 SECTION 1 (C) Use of English B2 for all exams

 

Use of English B2 for all exams

UNIT 9 SECTION 1 (C)

 

Words with Prepositions

A Complete the blanks with prepositions.

Adjectives

Verbs

 

 

anxious ________ sth

(dis)agree ________sb ________ a subject

beg ________

quarrel  ________ sb  ________ sth

concerned ________

(dis)agree ________ sb an action

complain ________ sb  ________ sth

speak ________ sb

late ________

apply ________ sb/an institution ________ sth

complain ________ sth

talk ________ sb ________ sth

nervous ________

argue ________ sb ________ sth

criticise sb ________ sth

thank sb ________ sth

worried ________

ask ________

discourage sb ________ doing sth

wonder ________

Nouns

 

object ________ sb/sth

worry ________ sb/sth

a complaint ________

 

 

 

B Read the following sentences and complete them with prepositions.

1

Joe looks very worried__________ his job. Why doesn't he talk___________someone___________it?

2

The captain demanded more effort__________ his team.

3

Most workers agreed__________ the management___________having a wage cut to save their jobs.

4

I applied__________ a computer company___________the position of sales representative on offer.

5

Jane was late__________ Susan's birthday party on Friday night.

6

I always quarrel__________ my sister___________what to watch on TV.

7

Why must you always argue__________ Donald___________football?

Grammar Revision (Pronouns-Causative Form)

Read the short texts below and complete each blank with one word.

A

As soon as I got my driver's licence, I stopped taking the bus to work and started driving my (1)_____________________ car. It was great! However, after a few months I noticed that my car wasn't running very well. I had never (2)______________________ the car serviced, so I decided it was time I took (3)______________________ to a garage. The problem was that I didn't have much money. So, I went to a friend of (4)_______________________Harry, who I knew fixed (5)______________________ car (6)______________________ . Harry had almost become a professional over the years and had even turned (7)______________________ garage into a workshop. He had a great car too, better than (8)______________________ . He was kind enough to have a look at my car, and after that (9) _____________________ ran smoothly again. I was so satisfied that I decided to get (10) _____________________ (11)_______________________ check my car in the future.

B

I was feeling really nervous about (12)______________________ some medical tests done, but my mother assured (13)______________________ that I had nothing to worry about. When the day came, she couldn't accompany me because she had (14)______________________ someone to paint our house and she had to be there herself, so I went by (15) ______________________ . First, I was seen by a physician who examined (16) ______________________  ears, nose and throat. I had no problem with that, but I hated even the idea of (17) ______________________ a blood test done. Just the sight of the needle makes (18)______________________ feel faint! After that ordeal, I was told that I had to (19)_______________________ my chest X-rayed, so I went to the radiography department. The test results came out a week later and showed that there was nothing wrong with (20)______________________ . I was so relieved that I wouldn't be having any more tests done for a while.

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PREVIOUS PART 

ANSWER KEY

A


B

1

about

to

about

2

from

3

with

on

4

to

for

5

for

6

with

about

7

with

about

Grammar revision

A

1

own

2

had

3

it

4

mine

5

his

6

himself

7

his

8

mine

9

it

10

him

11

to

B

12

having

13

me

14

got

15

myself

16

my

17

having

18

me

19

have

20

me

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments