Wednesday 10 November 2021

UNIT 7 SECTION 1 (A) Use of English B2 for all exams

 

Use of English B2 for all exams

UNIT 7 SECTION 1 (A)

 

Prepositional Phrases

A. Complete the blanks with prepositions.

regardless

________

because

________

thanks

__________

due

________

apart

________

but

__________

except

________

owing

________

contrary

__________

according

________

instead

________

as

__________

B Complete the blanks with prepositions.

________

spite _____

________

charge _____

________

far _____

________

comparison _____

________

control _____

________

honour _____

________

favour _____

________

behalf _____

________

well _____

C Read the sentences and complete them with the prepositions in, on, at, by, under or to.

1

You’ll find a fairly detailed map of the town ______________ page 40 of this guide.

2

______________ my parents’ surprise I passed all my examinations.

3

______________ the circumstances, the police officer had no other choice but to arrest them.

4

What’s ______________ your mind, Geoffrey? You look rather worried.

5

I promised to be ______________ your side no matter what happens.

6

You look so calm and ______________ ease with yourself.

7

______________ sum up, this book is a good read and I definitely recommend it.

8

I made several attempts to convince her, but________________________ vain.

9

I was ______________ the impression you knew how to operate the video camera.

10

Their willingness to employ me immediately without another interview took me ______________ surprise.

11

______________ a certain extent, your anger is understandable.

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PREVIOUS PART 

ANSWER KEY

A


B


C

1

on

2

To

3

Under

4

on

5

by

6

at

7

To

8

in

9

under

10

by

11

To

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments