Monday 29 November 2021

UNIT 14 SECTION 1 (B) Use of English B2 for all exams

 

Use of English B2 for all exams

UNIT 14 SECTION 1 (B)

 

Phrasal Verbs

Read the sentences on the left and match the phrasal verbs with their definitions on the right by writing the correct number in the box next to each definition.

A CALL

1

Why don't you call your mother up and surprise her?

 

return a phone call

2

The bank manager said he would call back after lunch.

 

pay a short visit

3

The celebrations were called off after the tragic accident.

 

shout loudly

4

I heard someone calling out my name from a distance.

 

make a phone call

5

I called at the office to pick up my laptop before coming here.

 

cancel

B SPEAK, TELL, COUNT

1

Speak up please! I can't hear a word you're saying.

 

speak loudly

2

I could never tell the two identical twins apart.

 

rely on

3

Joe said to count him in for this weekend's fishing expedition.

 

distinguish

4

I guess we will have to count Dave out of tomorrow's match if he doesn’t feel better by tonight.

 

include

5

Rob can always count on his brother to help him with the gardening.

 

exclude

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PREVIOUS PART 

ANSWER KEY

A


B


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments