Friday 14 February 2020

15. Opposites 3 CHECK YOUR ENGLISH VOCABULARY FOR FCE


CHECK YOUR ENGLISH VOCABULARY FOR FCE
15. Opposites 3

Some verbs can be made into their opposite form by the addition of a prefix (e.g., dis- , mis-).

Complete these sentences with the opposite form of one of the verbs in the box. Not all of the words are needed. You will need to change the form of the verb in several cases.

agree
approve
connect
continue
behave
cover
fold
like
load
lock
obey
pack
place
please
pronounce
prove
qualify
trust
understand
use
wrap




1
If anyone ________, they will be sent home immediately.
2
I've just come back from Canada and I'm still ________ my suitcases.
3
Here's a photo of our little girl ________ her Christmas presents.
4
She's a very obedient young lady. She would never ________ her parents.
5
She ________ the money which she had been given. She was supposed to use it to pay for her education, but bought a sports car instead.
6
The head teacher ________ of members of staff wearing jeans to school, and insists that they dress smartly at all times.
7
You keep ________ my name. It's Rawdon, not Randon.
8
His statement to the police said that he was nowhere near the bank, but they managed to ________ this.
9
I ________ anyone who wears green shoes but I can't tell you why.
10
I can't ________ the car door. I think I've got the wrong key.
11
After the accident he was fined £1,000 and ________ from driving for two years.
12
She ________ the tablecloth and put it on the table.
13
We don't sell Sonic cameras any longer. We have ________ that line.
14
I seem to have ________ my keys. I can't find them anywhere.
15
If you refuse to pay your gas bill, you will be ________ .
16
You're completely wrong. I'm afraid I ________ with you.
17
He completely ________ my meaning when I told him to 'put a sock in it'.
18
If you ________ me again, I'm afraid I shall ask you to leave.

ANSWER KEY


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments