Friday 14 February 2020

32. Phrasal Verbs Test CHECK YOUR ENGLISH VOCABULARY FOR FCE


CHECK YOUR ENGLISH VOCABULARY FOR FCE
32. Phrasal Verbs Test

Complete the following sentences with a verb / particle combination from the two boxes. You will need to change the verb form in most of the sentences. All of the phrasal verbs have appeared on the last 9 pages.

look
pick
get
set
make

down
away
into
forward
through
cut
run
pick
go
turn

off
up
across
in
with
give
take
come
put
break

by
back
after
over
on
do











1
We ________ a little restaurant when we were out walking.
2
I'm really thirsty. I could ________ a nice cold drink.
3
Now that winter has ________, we can expect to spend more money on heating bills.
4
When the manager retired, I ________ his job.
5
He ____ me ____ outside the hotel and drove me to the airport.
6
We ________ some money each month for a holiday.
7
Claudia ________ her aunt. They look so similar.
8
They offered me a job, but I ____ it _____ .
9
The bomb ________ at midnight, so fortunately the building was empty.
10
We were in the middle of a telephone conversation when we were suddenly ________ .
11
The first thing he did when he opened the exam paper was to ________ all the questions.
12
The exam has been ________ . It's now on Thursday instead of Monday.
13
I managed to ________ some Japanese while I was working in Tokyo.
14
Bob is trying to ________ smoking.
15
(On the phone) Good morning. can you ____ me ____ to the manager?
16
Guess who I ______ last night? Laurence Bailey! Remember him?
17
I've ________ my mind and nothing will change it!
18
We told him to shut up, but he ________ speaking.
19
I ________ to hearing from you soon.
20
We are trying to get him to ________ on the number of cigarettes he smokes.
21
Living in the country, I can't ________ without a car.
22
Thieves ________ the shop and stole over £30,000.
23
He ________ a story about a ghost in the attic - of course, nobody believed him.
24
I can't ________ these buttons. can you help me?
25
Her grandparents ________ her while her parents were away.
26
Our rent has ________ from £350 to £400.
27
We're ________ a free camera to anyone who spends more than £100.
28
My car has ________ again. I'll have to take it to the garage.
29
The message ________ on the radio this morning.
30
Olivia is ________ well in her new job.
31
The restaurant had to ____ customers ____ because it was full.

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments