Friday 14 February 2020

16. Phrasal Verbs with Come CHECK YOUR ENGLISH VOCABULARY FOR FCE


CHECK YOUR ENGLISH VOCABULARY FOR FCE
16. Phrasal Verbs with Come

Match the sentences in the left-hand column with those in the right-hand column. Use the phrasal verbs in bold to help you.

1. We came across this little restaurant when we were out walking.
2. The children have come down with measles.
3. The policewoman came up to him and asked to see his passport.
4. Jenny came into a fortune when she was twenty-one.
5. Simon's come out in a rash.
6. When we suggested moving to another office,
we came up against a lot of opposition from
the management.
7. The message came through this morning.
8. Come along, or you'll miss the bus.
9. Our team came off badly in the competition..
10. When she came to, she was in hospital.
11. Richard came up with a really strange idea the other day.
A. Oh dear. It's such an unpleasant disease.
B. He was obviously a bit nervous as the officer
got closer
C. I'm not surprised. I knew they'd get in the way.
D. Really? Where did you find it?
E. He's always saying something unexpected.
F. For how long had she been unconscious?
G. How could it? The phone has been disconnected and the fax machine is broken.
H. You're always in such a hurry. Let me take my time.
I. I'm not surprised. I didn't think they'd do very well.
J. My son has developed one as well on his chest.
K. Lucky her! Who did she inherit it from?

ANSWER KEY



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments