Friday 14 February 2020

20. Phrasal Verbs with Give CHECK YOUR ENGLISH VOCABULARY FOR FCE


CHECK YOUR ENGLISH VOCABULARY FOR FCE
20. Phrasal Verbs with Give

Complete the phrasal verbs in the sentences below with an appropriate preposition from the box.

in
out
away
up
off

1
He said he was French, but we didn't believe him as his accent gave him ________.
2
The company are giving ________ a free pocket calculator with every £10 purchase.
3
I can't use my watch because the battery has given ________ .
4
She gave ________ presents to all the children.
5
She's trying to give ________ smoking.
6
The hijacker gave himself ________ to the police.
7
I didn't want to go to the cinema with the children, but they kept asking me so in the end I gave ________ and agreed to take them.
8
The fire in the factory gave ________ clouds of poisonous black smoke.

ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments