Friday 14 February 2020

33. Prepositions CHECK YOUR ENGLISH VOCABULARY FOR FCE


CHECK YOUR ENGLISH VOCABULARY FOR FCE
33. Prepositions

Use the prepositions which are missing from these sentences to complete the crossword. Sometimes, the sentence can be completed with more than one preposition, but only one of them will fit correctly in the crossword grid.

clues across ()

Clues down ()
4
Our school is on a small road just _____ the High Street.

1
I been studying English _____ almost two years.
7
Let's meet in Oxford the day _____ tomorrow.

2
_____ the lesson, half the students fell asleep.
8
I prefer travelling _____ train to travelling _____ plane.

3
I've never been very good _____ learning languages.
9
Parents shouldn't allow their children out _____ dark.

5
I'd like to talk to you _____ something.
12
_____ the terms of the contract, he couldn't work for another company.

6
_____ Christmas, parents give their children presents.
14
You should always rely _____ your dictionary to check the meaning of a word.

7
It's _____ the law to buy or sell drugs.
15
He was leaning _____ the wall smoking a cigarette.

10
He demanded to know who was responsible _____ breaking his computer.
17
My parents were very proud _____ me when I got into university.

11
He was unable to cope _____ the pressure and left the company.
18
We arrived _____ Rome early _____ the morning.

13
What were those strange noises _____ the night?
19
We got on the wrong train _____ mistake.

15
We had to share one towel _____ the three of us.
20
We were offered free dancing lessons ______ school.

16
He's a young man of _____ 21 or 22.
22
It came as a real shock when the television suddenly burst _____ flames.

18
She walked _____ the room and looked around carefully.
23
_____ my parents wishes, I decided to go to drama school.

20
She was standing on her own _____ a crowd of tourists.
24
I'm not very keen _____ hamburgers and other fast food.

21
She always gets annoyed _____ me when I arrive late.
25
We're really looking forward _____ seeing you again.

23
There’s something rather unusual _____ her, and I can’t work out what it is.
27
He decided to change _____ something more formal for the party.

26
I think he broke your camera _____ purpose.
28
. They objected _____ his behaviour and threatened _____ fire him.






ANSWER KEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments