Wednesday 22 December 2021

1. EVERYDAY ACTIVITIES CHECK YOUR VOCABULARY FOR NATURAL ENGLISH COLLOCATIONS

 

CHECK YOUR VOCABULARY FOR NATURAL ENGLISH COLLOCATIONS

1. EVERYDAY ACTIVITIES

 

A. Sue is talking about her typical morning. Choose the right verb to complete the collocations.

“My typical morning starts quite early, because I don’t like getting/making (1) ready in a hurry. My alarm clock sounds/goes off (2) at 6.30, then I get out of bed/ from my bed (3) and walk/go (4) downstairs in my dressing gown.

I do/ make (5) a cup of tea and have/ eat (6) some breakfast. Then I have /use (7) a shower and clean/wash (8) my teeth. Then I get clothed/ dressed (9), order/ comb (10) my hair and wear /put on (11) my make up. Then I do/ make (12) the bed and do/ make (13) the washing up. If I’ve got time, I sometimes control/ check (14) my email and look at/ watch (15) TV in the morning. I usually leave / depart (17) the house by 8.15.”

 

B. Correct these sentences.


 

C. Choose the right word.

24

You’re back from holiday now, so I suppose it’s business as usual/normal

25

A: How was the weekend?

B: oh, the usual/ normal thing. Nothing special/ uncommon.

26

I began/ got into the habit of drinking too much coffee when I went to Italy.

27

My husband wakes up at six o’clock, usual/ regular as clockwork.

28

Steve couldn’t break/end the habit of lighting a cigarette after dinner.

ANSWER KEY


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments