Friday 3 December 2021

FINAL ECCE TEST (PART 4) Use of English B2 for all exams

 

Use of English B2 for all exams

FINAL ECCE TEST (PART 4)

 

VOCABULARY

56

1 pretended to be sick so that I wouldn't have to do my homework, but my mother knew that I was trying to ______________ her.

A

cheat

B

blackmail

C

pursue

D

deceive

57

The Titanic sank after________ an iceberg.

A

hitting

B

knocking

C

beating

D

omitting

58

Cyclists should always wear helmets to ________ their heads in case of an accident.

A

secure

B

defend

C

protect

D

save

59

Mary is very________ to criticism so be careful what you say.

A

sensitive

B

sensible

C

sensational

D

emotional

60

The police officer waved her hand as a ________ for the driver to stop.

A

notice

B

warning

C

caution

D

signal

61

1 have never played golf, as it" s never________ to me.

A

impressed

B

appealed

C

attracted

D

urged

62

_____________ me to show you the way.

A

Accept

B

Oblige

C

Allow

D

Let

63

The exam ________ will be out tomorrow.

A

results

B

effects

C

influences

D

consequences

64

Don't throw that box away! It m ay________ in handy.

A

come

B

get

C

be

D

go

65

1 think that Cathy has become________ to chocolate. She eats at least four bars a day.

A

fond

B

keen

C

addicted

D

adjusted

66

1 disliked the place the moment I ______________ eyes on it.

A

put

B

kept

C

set

D

got

67

Andrew________ greater responsibilities when he was promoted.

A

went over

B

put up

C

took on

D

got over

68

This picture is________ to one my mother has in her living room.

A

identical

B

same

C

equal

D

engaged

69

Every now and then, I ________ my grandparents a visit just to keep them company.

A

give

B

have

C

take

D

pay

70

When we got off the bus, the tour guide told us to ________of pickpockets.

A

beware

B

warn

C

complete

D

distinguish

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PREVIOUS PART 

ANSWER KEY

Vocabulary

56

D

57

A

58

C

59

A

60

D

61

B

62

C

63

A

64

A

65

C

66

C

67

C

68

A

69

D

70

B

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments