Wednesday 22 December 2021

5. HEALTH AND SICKNESS CHECK YOUR VOCABULARY FOR NATURAL ENGLISH COLLOCATIONS

 

CHECK YOUR VOCABULARY FOR NATURAL ENGLISH COLLOCATIONS

5. HEALTH AND SICKNESS

 

A. What’s the opposite of these expressions? Choose from these adjectives:

serious

minor

high

severe

low

1

a slight pain/ ___________ pain

2

serious injuries/ ___________ injuries

3

a mild illness/ a  ___________ illness

4

a high temperature/ a  ___________ temperature

5

a slight fever/ a  ___________ fever

 

B. Complete these sentences using the correct form of get, take or have.

6

I’ll just put this thermometer under your tongue and ____________ your temperature now.

7

She ____________ a nasty accident falling off a ladder last week.

8

Do you often ____________ out of breath when you ____________ exercise.

9

I’ve been ____________ these pills for three weeks now, and I don’t seem to be ____________ better.

10

She’s in great shape and she ____________ a baby just two months ago.

11

Please roll up your sleeve so that I can  ____________ your blood pressure.

12

I’ve been going to the gym recently because I’m trying to ____________ in shape for running the marathon next spring.

13

I had to ____________ some time off work because i ____________ an operation on my knee.

 

C. Complete the crossword

1

I’ve got a splitting _______________

2

Help! Somebody call an _______________

3

This is a highly-infectious _______________

4

It’s important to have a balanced _______________

5

You seem to be in very good _______________

6

The patient has made a full _______________


 CLICK HERE FOR UNIT 4 FOOD AND DRINK 2

ANSWER KEY


                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments