Wednesday 1 December 2021

CONSOLIDATION 3 UNIT 15 SECTION 2 (A) Use of English B2 for all exams

 

Use of English B2 for all exams

UNIT 15 SECTION 2 (A)

CONSOLIDATION 3

 

SECTION 2 (ECCE format)

Grammar

Choose the correct answer.

1

Suppose David____________ you to marry him, what would you do?

A

asks

B

will ask

C

asked

D

would ask

2

It's time for the children____________ doing their homework

A

started

B

had started

C

to have started

D

to start

3

“Have you heard the news? Our neighbour has been arrested____________ forgery.”

A

on

B

of

C

for

D

from

4

I would rather h e____________ to me yesterday.

A

didn’t lie

B

hadn’t lied

C

hasn’t lied

D

couldn’t lie

5

_____________ how boring this course was going to be, I wouldn't have enrolled

A

If I had known

B

If I knew

C

Had I known

D

Did I know

6

___________ being seriously injured in the car accident, the man managed to survive,

A

Although

B

Though

C

In spite

D

Despite

7

We'd better____________ the car before Dad returns home.

A

repair

B

to repair

C

have repaired

D

to have repaired

8

Jonathan____________ reveal his secret to anyone.

A

told to me not

B

told me to not

C

told me not to

D

told me to don’t

9

Wayne complained about the room ____________ too dark.

A

was

B

had been

C

be

D

being

10

The bank manager forbade the employees__________ in the building.

A

of smoking

B

of smoke

C

to smoke

D

smoking

Vocabulary

Choose the correct answer.

1

Alex is _____________ of his brother's success. He always says unkind things about him.

A

envious

B

suspicious

C

annoyed

D

disgusted

2

The____________ of this new drug is not known yet, as it's still in the trial process.

A

result

B

consequence

C

effect

D

affect

3

"Which dress should I buy? The blue or the red one?"

"Well, I think the blue o ne____________ you better".

A

compares

B

matches

C

suits

D

combines

4

We have had security locks installed on all doors and windows to ____________ burglars from entering.

A

prevent

B

forbid

C

prohibit

D

avoid

5

I would like everyone to ____________ quiet while I'm reading to you.

A

maintain

B

remain

C

tolerate

D

notice

6

We delayed our departure on ____________ of the bad weather.

A

relation

B

order

C

account

D

condition

7

The moment the teacher____________ the exam papers, I was filled with anxiety.

A

gave away

B

handed over

C

handed down

D

gave out

8

According to police reports, crime has ____________ in our city.

A

advanced

B

developed

C

progressed

D

increased

9

The defendant tried to ____________ the jury of his innocence.

A

convince

B

urge

C

appeal

D

oblige

10

It took Steve three weeks to ________________ from his illness and return home from the hospital.

A

heal

B

recover

C

cure

D

overcome

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PREVIOUS PART 

ANSWER KEY

GRAMMAR

1

C

2

D

3

C

4

B

5

C

6

D

7

A

8

C

9

D

10

C

VOCABULARY

1

A

2

C

3

C

4

A

5

B

6

C

7

D

8

D

9

A

10

B

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments