Thursday 5 December 2019

UNIT 12 (READING) PART V STARTER TOEIC 3RD EDITION


STARTER TOEIC 3RD EDITION
UNIT 12 (READING) PART V

PART V. INCOMPLETE SENTENCES

Choose the word or phrase that best completes the sentence.

1
Not only does Steve sing at a bar, ________ he also serves the patrons.
A
and
B
or
C
but
D
still
2
________ I was waiting in line for a visa interview, I ate my lunch.
A
Although
B
While
C
Since
D
Because
3
We didn’t need to ________ the fan since the room was not very hot.
A
turn on
B
turn off
C
turn
D
put
4
He wouldn’t say anything ________ directly asked a question; he was a man of few words.
A
since
B
otherwise
C
or else
D
unless
5
________ I’m retired, I can take a long journey throughout Europe.
A
However
B
Now that
C
Thanks to
D
Due to
6
I drive to school, ________ my brother always cycles.
A
when
B
even
C
whereas
D
if
7
The moment the teacher went out, the students started ________.
A
telling
B
talking
C
saying
D
said
8
It was not until the 1950s that an effective ________ for that virus was found.
A
injection
B
solution
C
vaccine
D
method
9
I have to go to the meeting ________ I want to or not.
A
because
B
whether
C
as soon as
D
while
10
You’d better take an umbrella  ________ it begins to rain.
A
as soon as
B
despite
C
in case
D
although
11
We’re planning to go camping ________ the summer vacation.
A
during
B
while
C
when
D
since
12
Consumers are interested in solar energy because of ________ fuel costs.
A
high
B
more
C
low
D
risen
13
She was standing by the window ________ her eyes closed, listening to music.
A
while
B
with
C
about
D
except
14
I have no objection, if everyone else agrees, ________ leading the meeting.
A
to your
B
for your
C
to you’re
D
on your
15
Just ________ you and me, I prefer the restaurant where we ate last Friday.
A
among
B
around
C
between
D
from

ANSWER KEY

1
C
2
B
3
A
4
D
5
B
6
C
7
B
8
C
9
B
10
C
11
A
12
A
13
B
14
A
15
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments