Tuesday 3 December 2019

UNIT 9 (READING) PART V STARTER TOEIC 3RD EDITION


STARTER TOEIC 3RD EDITION
UNIT 9 (READING) PART V

PART V. INCOMPLETE SENTENCES

Choose the word or phrase that best completes the sentence.

1
With her friend’s __________ assistance, she completed her project successfully.
A
organ
B
organize
C
organization
D
organizational
2
Larry immediately said, “I can’t go, nor __________want to go.”
A
I
B
do
C
I do
D
do I
3
Mary, __________ to catch up on her resr, went to bed early.
A
hope
B
hopes
C
hoped
D
hoping
4
I don’t have __________ on the hotels of the island.
A
much information
B
many informational
C
much informs
D
many information
5
In the room, there were __________ more books on biology than expected.
A
little
B
a little
C
much
D
many
6
I don’t care whether __________ or not.
A
his coming
B
comes he
C
he comes
D
will he come
7
Please __________ the form as quickly as you can.
A
come back
B
return
C
home
D
posting
8
They are looking for a __________ girl named Anna. She got lost in the park.
A
seven-year-old
B
seven-years-old
C
seven-old-year
D
seven-old-years
9
Clayton works __________ , doesn’t he?
A
a job
B
partly
C
part time
D
a work
10
I don’t know what __________ like to be famous.
A
it is
B
is it
C
is
D
it
11
He came late yesterday and so __________.
A
she did
B
did she
C
she does
D
does she
12
__________ a doctor, Adam rushed over to help the sick child.
A
Is
B
Was
C
Be
D
Being
13
He scarcely had enough __________ to pay for his dinner.
A
cashes
B
coin
C
money
D
moneys
14
I have a feeling that __________ is going to happen today.
A
some bad
B
bad something
C
some badly
D
something bad
15
I didn’t feel well, so I __________ early.
A
went back my home
B
went my home
C
went home
D
went to home

ANSWER KEY

1
D
2
D
3
D
4
A
5
D
6
C
7
B
8
A
9
C
10
A
11
B
12
D
13
C
14
D
15
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments