Friday 17 January 2020

11. Choose the word TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3


TEST YOUR VOCABULARY 3
11. Choose the word

Choose the word which best completes each sentence.

1
Anyone wanting to go to the meeting, please ___put up____ your hands.
A
take up
B
put up
C
lift
D
rise
2
I have no brothers or sisters. I am ________________ child.
A
an only
B
one
C
a unique
D
a single
3
I’m terribly sorry. I seem to have ________________ my book at home.
A
lost
B
forgotten
C
left
D
hidden
4
My sister and I are always quarrelling. We just don’t seem to ________________.
A
get off
B
get together
C
get on
D
get by
5
A lot of single parents find it difficult to ________________ their children and do a job.
A
grow up
B
take up
C
develop
D
bring up
6
We ________________ to inform you that this flight will be delayed for five hours.
A
sorry
B
regret
C
apologise
D
pity
7
Everyone should ________________ this charity. They’re doing a lot of good work in developing countries.
A
agree
B
support
C
stand up
D
supply
8
I only paid £5 for this shirt. It was a real ________________.
A
luck
B
sale
C
bargain
D
cheap
9
I always try to ________________ something each month for my holidays.
A
save
B
spare
C
spend
D
put
10
I don’t have a job. I’m ________________.
A
lonely
B
sick
C
unused
D
unemployed
11
Juventus ________________ AC Milan in the football final.
A
beat
B
won
C
passed
D
lost
12
The train now standing at ________________ seven has just arrived from Brighton.
A
station
B
platform
C
lane
D
path


Answer key

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comments